If you are looking for Dr. Joseph Papp, please call Linworth Smile Center at (740) 513-2142 or Delaware Smile Center at (740) 513-2035. More information can be found at www.smilecenterohio.com
Eye Care for the Entire Family
Your eyes and eyesight are the main reason we do what we do at Lume Family Eyecare. We offer a full range of eye care services to keep your vision healthy and clear. Whether you need new eyeglasses, a professional eye exam, management of an ocular disease, or help with an irritating eye condition like Dry Eye – we ensure that you’ll receive personalized attention and expert care.
Our Worthington offices are conveniently located to serve Columbus, OH and the surrounding area. We have all the latest technology, including advanced diagnostics and digital imagery equipment. Our team is committed to staying up-to-date with medical developments, so you’ll benefit from cutting-edge treatments.
Eye Exams in Columbus
Eye exams and vision testing are an important part of our comprehensive eye care services. As a family-friendly practice, we welcome patients of all ages. Our gentle pediatric eye exams focus on detecting vision conditions that may interfere with learning, so your child won’t lag behind in school! We will customize our eye care to meet your unique visual needs. If you’ve been diagnosed with an ocular disease, such as macular degeneration, cataracts, glaucoma, or diabetic retinopathy, our optometrists will monitor your condition to prevent complications. We want you to enjoy lasting, quality vision for as long as possible!
Eyewear and Fittings
Vision correction depends upon wearing the right eyewear for your prescription. Our optical team is knowledgeable and experienced in helping patients to select the best frames. Working together with you, we’ll recommend eyeglasses that flatter your face, feel comfortable, and enhance your vision. If you prefer contact lenses, our optometrists will perform a detailed contact lens exam and fitting before issuing your prescription. Whether you head home with new eyeglasses or contact lenses, we’ll make sure you look and see sharp.
We look forward to meeting new patients and greeting all of our returning patients. Contact our offices in Worthington to schedule an appointment or for more information.
- Ordering eye vitamins online has never been easier. Visit our online store for our doctor recommended eye vitamins.
- Learn more about what problems can be spotted with an eye exam, what’s involved in a comprehensive exam, and special considerations for kids and contacts.
- According to experts, 80% of learning is visual, which means that if your child is having difficulty seeing clearly, his or her learning can be affected. This also goes for infants who develop and learn about the world around them through their sense of sight. To ensure that your children have the visual resources they need to grow and develop normally, their eyes and vision should be checked by an eye doctor at certain stages of their development.
- Including Glaucoma, Macular Degeneration, and Cataracts.
- As we reach middle age, particularly after age 40, it is common to start to experience difficulty with reading and performing other tasks that require near vision. This is because with age, the lens of our eye becomes increasingly inflexible, making it harder to focus on close objects. This condition is called presbyopia and eventually it happens to everyone who reaches old age to some extent.
- Dry eye syndrome (DES) is a chronic condition that develops when your eyes do not produce and maintain enough tears to keep the eye’s surface lubricated.
- Astigmatism is a very common eye condition that's easily corrected by eyeglasses or contact lenses and on some occasions, surgery.
- We use the most up-to-date technology to ensure the best eye care possible. Learn about the different types of tests and equipment you may experience on a visit to our Practice.
- If you are experiencing pink eye, something stuck in your eye, a scratched eye, a chemical spill, or any other eye emergency contact us, our eye doctors provide the highest quality urgent care for eye emergencies.
- Orthokeratology, or "ortho-k," is the process of reshaping the eye with specially-designed rigid gas permeable contact lenses. The goal of ortho-k is to flatten the front surface of the eye and thereby correct mild to moderate amounts of nearsightedness and astigmatism.
- If you're ready for an alternative to glasses and/or contacts look to us for co-management of LASIK, cataract, and other ocular surgery.
- This service offers early detection of potential eye and vision problems at no cost regardless of income or ability to pay. It is a one-time, comprehensive eye and vision assessment for babies, usually conducted between the ages of 6 and 12 months.