Do I Need Multiple Pairs of Eyeglasses?
Eye doctors always recommend that patients have more than one pair of prescription eyeglasses. Not only is this for fashion purposes, but it also helps protect your vision and eyes in case your primary pair of spectacles is damaged or breaks.
Here are three reasons why you need more than one pair of eyeglasses:
1. A Backup is Essential
No matter how careful you are with your eyeglasses, the truth is that accidents happen. When you own more than one pair of eyeglasses, damaging or losing a pair won’t leave you struggling to see before you have a chance to visit your eye doctor.
2. More Comfortable Vision
Owning multiple pairs of eyeglasses, each with their own use, can make your life much more comfortable and easier. For example:
- Sunglasses: If you enjoy the great outdoors, then sunglasses are essential to give you clear and comfortable vision and protect your eyes from harmful UV rays.
- Computer Glasses: If you stare a computer screen all day, you may want to invest in a pair of office glasses that have blue light lenses. These will cut out eye strain and make your vision more comfortable.
- Sports Glasses: If you play a lot of activities, you may want to get prescription glasses especially made for sports such as water sports, winter sports, golf, and driving.
3. Make a Statement
One of the biggest reasons people get more than one pair of eyeglasses is so that they can have different pairs to go with different looks. In fact, most people will have:
- The daily favorite. This is the one you’ll wear every day, so opt for a more neutral color and subtler shape.
- Statement glasses. Funky and cool colors and shapes will boost your confidence and help you make a true fashion statement.
- A Social pair. These are designed to wear for special occasions such as weddings and big office meetings.
Having different frames for different occasions allows you to be more creative with your look and can accentuate your personality, no matter what situation you’re in.