Eye care professionals specialize in understanding how the human eye really works, as well as diseases and conditions that affect your vision - many of which do not have obvious symptoms. Eye doctors know how age and risk factors affect vision over time for young and old, and they understand the benefits and features of corrective lenses including eyeglasses and contacts.
Our optometrists take the time to explain the results of your eye exam, describe your options and listen to your eye care needs. Because maintaining good eye health is an ongoing partnership, we encourage you to ask questions and share your health information, which could be vital to monitoring, diagnosing and treating potential vision problems.
Meet our eye doctors:
Dr. Papp was born and raised in a small town near Lansing, Michigan. She graduated from Michigan State University with a degree in Human Biology and immediately started her optometric training at The Ohio State University College of Optometry. During her studies at OSU, she received extensive ocular disease training at the Veteran’s Hospital in Virginia Beach, Virginia and the Omni Eye Group, a surgical center in the greater New York City area.
She is a member of the American Optometric Association, Ohio Optometric Association, and alumni of Epsilon Psi Epsilon. She enjoys attending Continuing Education courses that teach her the newest techniques and latest technology, allowing her to provide the best care for her patients. Dr. Papp sees patients of all ages, including infants and toddlers. Her specialties include family practice and contact lenses, ocular disease, especially diabetic and dry eye management, laser surgery co-management, and cataract postoperative care.
Dr. Papp married her husband, Joe, in the spring of 2011 and had their daughter, Madelyn in November 2013, and Hannah in April 2016. In her spare time, she enjoys traveling, reading, cooking, gardening and music.
Getting To Know Dr. Papp
- What is your favorite family vacation?
My favorite vacation was our family trip to Traverse City with Maddie when she was young. We’re heading to Florida soon with both girls and I’m sure that will top it. I can’t wait to see what Hannah thinks of the beach.
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
As cheesy as it is… Columbus. I’ve travelled a fair amount and still chose to live here. Columbus has everything I need.
- What did you want to be when you were small?
I wanted to take after my mother and be an engineer, and later I wanted to be a veterinarian.
- What two radio stations do you listen to in the car the most?
WCOL & The River
- Do you like or dislike surprises? Why or why not?
I LOVE Surprises. I don’t know why… I just love knowing someone went out of their way to get you something that you didn’t ask for…
- How many pairs of shoes do you own?
76. I have a thing for shoes. I used to have over 100, but I’ve purged my closet a few times since.
- What’s your favorite holiday?
Christmas. I love getting together with family and eating great food.
- What’s your favorite family tradition?
Christmas Morning at home. Seeing the kids get up and see the Christmas tree. There’s nothing like the joy on a child’s face Christmas morning.
- What’s the most unusual thing you’ve ever eaten?
Gator. I had a friend bring alligator to a tailgate when OSU was playing Florida.
- Are you related or distantly related to anyone famous?
Nope, my family is pretty boring in that aspect. Maybe one of the girls will become famous so I can be related to a famous person.
- If you were ruler of your own country what would be the first law you would introduce?
It would most likely be related to manners. I think it’s a good policy to be grateful for what you have and thank others for things they do for you.
- If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
- What song would you say best sums you up?
I couldn’t come up with one, but Joe said, “The Auctioneer by John Michael Montgomery.” He’s a hopeless romantic.
- What’s the most interesting thing you can see out of your office or kitchen window?
I can see into Christi’s office…. Just Kidding. From home, I get to see out across fields and regularly see all sorts of animals.
- If you could join any past or current music group which would you want to join?
None… I have ZERO musical talent. I’m doing the world a favor by not singing in public.